Friday, April 13, 2007

African Art Museum

I got anouther chance to travel to washington DC, and I got to see the African Art museum which i had never been to. The walt disney foundation donated most of the peices of art in this museum. I had never before seen african art. Most of the peices of art were small figurines, made of ivory or wood. These statues had such intricate detail they were very appealing to look at. This museum has changed the way people looked at african art because it had never really looked at before. Most of the statues are of people however other are of gods. These statues were really very interesting, I am very happy that i got a chance to view such different works than the usual. My trip to washington DC was a very successful and very eye opening experience.

No comments: